18 July, 2008

Pics From The Past Circa 1982-3

The Apololgy:
"I'm sorry"
but after reading my cousin's blog entry about
a recent Foo Fighters concert in Seattle,
I just couldn't help myself.

The Explaination:
My cousin
once came out to stay with me after I'd moved
from Wichita, KS to Shitek, WI in the ealy 80's.
He was from the coolness of Minneapolis /San Francisco.
I was struggling with small town life and
the transition from the city to such a small town
(no less 10 miles out in the middle of cow-country)
was proving quite a miserable experience.
Hanging out with him was quite a priveledge for me.

Unfortunately, as can be seen in this photo,
once the sun went down there weren't many options
for two bored city teenagers so...
we raided my dad's Brylcreem and my mom's Mary Kay cast-offs
It seems I was sampling a sort of Ziggy Stardust look but
John was well entrenched in the old KISS Army.
Just dig this AWESOME, full-on Metal pose!!!!
(Gene Simmons, eat your heart out!)
Kids...take note.

Arrggghhh: I dedicate this video to you Cuz
RAWK!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! I wish I could have got a hold of these images a few years back!!!

buddha

 
At 4:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought the Member's Only jacket was a particularly nice touch!

Priest is the best man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home