09 August, 2008

May the Toy Gods Bless Fisher Price

Well, I guess it's time we officially change the name of this blog
to Random Notes From Isobel...But what else could
a doting farter (or father) be expected to do?
Isobel was only two weeks old when we picked this up
at Savers for a couple bucks. As soon as
I saw it I recognized it like I had played with it yesterday.
I loved this stupid piece of plastic as a kid (especially the bell)
and passed it on to my sister Erin. Knowing my mum,
it's still buried in some closet in our house back in Wisconsin.

I took it over to show Mauz and before I uttered a word
she said, "Hey, I had one of those as a kid."
So of course we had to buy it.

Isobel has only just started to really play with it.
She likes the old telephone bit. Ironically she'll never know
any other use for such an obsolete shape.

Last night we had a couple good friends over and
when they spotted the thing they both confessed that they had one as well.
And these are a couple'a young'uns (ten years our junior).
Fisher Price must not of had many novel ideas during the 70's
but this one was definitely a classic.

3 Comments:

At 11:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had one of those too, but I really think it had different colors. Regardless--it is a great creation!

buddha

 
At 12:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Knowing my mum,
it's still buried in some closet in our house back in Wisconsin."

I don't THINK so, but the legos and the colored building blocks are still up in the attic. If I look hard enough, though, I may be able to find a picture you or Erin playing with it

 
At 11:55 am, Blogger amecameca said...

me and my sis dragged ours into the bathtub one time~ after that the little tube was always full of water and the bell rusted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home