06 January, 2010

Pic of the Day 6 January, 2010

Here's a picture of my dad and some friends that my oldest childhood mate (I hadn't heard from him in nearly 30 years) sent me after we hooked up on Facebook (I guess it's good for something). I'd never seen this picture before and it gave me a lot to think about. Our dads (Mine, Dennis on the left and to his right Randy, my friend's) look so young and carefree. Knowing my dad in his later years I know that he struggled with a lot of demons and seeing him so innocent and playful really made me take a moment and imagine him in another time and place.

Judging by the Wisconsin sweatshirt one guy is wearing I imagine they were on holiday from boot-camp. This may even been the week that my parents met. If so this could be the first living record of my Genesis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home